Thursday 5 December 2013

Out on the streets of Brighton with Family Man Sizwe Zondo

Rated one of the sexiest rugby guys in Newcastle High school, Sizwe Zondo was always a charming well-mannered young man who said very little.  10 years later, we took some time to catch up and find what inspired him to Move to the United Kingdom and how finding love on his travels impacted his life.  
1 unit - Sizwe Zondo with his family relaxing on holiday in Durban.
Who is Sizwe?
Sizwe is a simple guy from the township of Madadeni, born to a massive family. I am a chilled out easy going chap, family orientated, I always use the word simple to describe myself as I feel it best describes me.. 
So you are a simple guy who travels?
Yes, I have always travelled since I was very young, I first started with the church, thereafter rugby took me all over the South Africa and finally abroad, so yeah I have always loved to travel.
Sizwe in Top Form
How did you end up in the UK?   I remember opening a Facebook account just after varsity and finding out you were living in the UK.
After High School when I was 17 I came to the UK on a School exchange rugby program for 5months, ever since then I was fascinated with the UK. I like the people, the lovely places and… the cold.
The cold?  It’s not every day you have a South African prefer cold weather.
I have always preferred cold weather to hot weather, love it when its snows.
Well at least we know you will not be moving back to SA beacuse of the dreary weather that so many list as motivation to make their way back home. 

*laughs*
Well beside the weather what else inspired you to build a life for yourself in the UK?
My wife and daughter, I initially came over here for a 6month sports visa stint just to play rugby, but I ended up meeting the love of my life and having our lovely daughter...
Zuzana & Sizwe Zonde

Oh wow! Sound’s something straight out of book.  Do tell us more about this Special woman.
I’m Happily married Zuzana ZONDO originally from Slovakia
Shoo it Rhymes do you think that it was the Surname that synched the deal for you?
 *laughing* Nah I don’t think so.  I met my lovely lady at a bar/restaurant where she was working and I instantly knew she was the girl of my dreams.
Just like that? I have heard so many people say you just know, what is this “knowing” feeling?
 I looked at her and everything inside of me said “there’s your girl” I even told a very good friend of mine that I was going to marry her.
And has she been THAT girl for you?
She is my best friend and knowing that she is there for me all the time definitely reinforces that she is the one for me.
So was there in Lobola (Dowry) that took place?
*laughs* There is no such thing as Lobola this side *laughs* as much as Lobola is in my culture back home, I have never truly understood its meaning.  Most important thing is that I found someone who gets me and I get her. That is priceless.
I Love how committed you are!  It’s really inspiring, how do you maintain this level of balance and commitment to all the different areas of your life?
It’s very hard and stressful to juggle everything, rugby, work, family. On my days off from work, I try and do as much as I can with my family like going out for dinner, movie night or just taking lil one out to the park etc

Oh little Kiara, she is just absolutely gorgeous, what is it like being a dad?
I love it! I always want to do the best for my family Zuzana and Kiara are my priority in life.  I do Best for my little girl.
Being a good dad goes a long way and I commend you for that
Thank you, it’s a decision one must take for themselves.  You decide who you want to be in life and that decision impacts everything else. If you want to be a great husband and father then you give it your full commitment, just that simple.

What’s have you learnt from this change in environment do you still want to travel more?
It’s taught me that the world is a very big place and there is so much to see. Once our lil one is in school and a bit older, I want to travel a lot more with my wife. There are so many countries we want to tick off our Bucket List.
I really enjoy living in the UK, I found it very easy to adapt to the culture over here and best part everyone treats each other equally.
Nothing beats being an equal it’s important in how one views themselves and their role in the world. Any pearls of wisdom that you would like to share?
Nothing is impossible... All your dreams can come true you just have to BELIEVE... BELIEF IS KEY!!!!!!

Family Man Sizwe making the most of the Snow with Kiara

Have you found romance whilst travelling?  How has it changed you and what have you learnt from this experience?  I would love to hear from you.

1 comment:

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin