Monday 19 March 2012

The power of a SMILE and some CLEAVAGE


Getting around in Mombasa city  is easy and convenient, the only challanges you will face is the fact that you aren't a local.  The tuk-tuk guys are looking to make a killing on 1 tuk-tuk ride,  when they see that you are a tourist  you will easily get charged 100-150 Shilling for a 50 Shilling ride.  After much negotiation from my 10 swahili words travelling partner,  I realized that I had to rely on my own skills to get us a ride.  I stood back took a second and scanned the tuk-tuks in front of us looking for the perfect target.   I locked eyes with Mohammed and his eager smile and welcoming eyes told me that this was my guy.  I flashed him a smile and the deal was sealed.  125 shillings later, we had received a wonderful trip through the city, he shared some history about the buildings  and architecture with us that only a local who has lived there his entire life would know, still enroute he found us a good salesman to buy material from and was back in time to pick us up for our trip back onto the Ferry.
Now that's what I call service and the power of a smile and the right shirt!
Left: Mohammed the greatest tuk-tuk driver and Tour Guide in Mombasa.  Right: Michelle sporting the smile and the cleavage. In the back our trusty tuk-tuk.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin