Friday 23 March 2012

Tomato what!?! ….Cocktail silly

I have a long standing love-hate relationship with Tomatoes, now imagine my look of horror when I was offered a tomato cocktail.  I immediately imagined one of those Bloody Mary concoctions and I was totally put off by that idea, seeing my repulsed face the waiter and trusty friends explained that it was nothing like the tomato I was imagining.  This is a fruity tomato that is indigenous to Kenya, with a thick, purplish fleshy skin (it was neither purple nor red) they explained, It's delicious. 
 Since I am a firm believer that you have to try something once before you diss it.  I tried it, loved it and had another one.  I will not divulge anything further except to urge you to try it the next time you are in Kenya.

Note to the experimenters out there: I don't have the recipe,  so don't bother asking. 
served in a tall glass it really hits the spot.

Aerial View


No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin